Thursday, December 4, 2014

Matswapati

Few months ago, on 27th September my school held an event, the goal was to introduce West Java’s culture so people aware that we have so many things to be saved. The event was culture-based festival with the title “MATSWAPATI”. The name was taken from wayang character Prabu Matswapati. He’s the high king from Wirata kingdom, the king of every king that has ever been crowned.

Matswapati was opened at 10 pm, with an opening ceremony by our mayor, Ridwan Kamil. And then it was continued by cultural shows such as jaipongan, pencak silat, and others. After so many shows (from outside sman 3 & also from SMAN 3 bandung's extraculicular such as KPA, TST, etc) the festival was continued by the collaboration of Barsena & sman 3 bandung's vocal group. 


One of the main attraction on Matswapati is Glenn Fredly performance. When he was entering the stage, the audience was cheering so loud. He sang so many songs until I lost count, I  think it was around seven to ten songs. He sang one of my favourite song, ‘Malaikat Juga Tahu’, which was a beautiful song. When he sang ‘Hikayat Cinta’,all the audiences danced along because the song was a bit of dangdut. I laughed at them but then I danced along with them because it was relaxing to just laugh and enjoy the show. But then everyone turned on to their ‘galau’ mood when he sang ‘Terserah’. Everyone sang along with him when ‘Bento’ was played.


Well, that's all I can tell you about Matswapati. There was actually a fire performance after Glenn Fredly's performance, but I didn't watch it because it was already to late and I had to go home. What a shame, but overall I really enjoyed the event. It was fun, exciting, and it's different from all other highschool festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment