Thursday, January 22, 2015

My Holiday

Everybody loves holiday because during our holiday we can have some fun and relax. During holiday we get enough time to travel, play and indulge in our hobbies. Now I would like to tell you about my holiday trip with my beloved family. Our destination was Semarang, Central Java.

Before we were going to Semarang, we packed our things and prepared all of the stuff that we wanted to carry. Before the holiday begin, my girlfriend made me promise to read a whole novel that she chose,  although I don't like to read, I had to do it because she was insisting me. So, the novel is packed and we were ready to go. We planned our trip will took about 10 days. After all of the things done, we were ready to go for 'vacation'


When we were on our way to Semarang, I thought it wouldn't be a traffic jam but unfortunately I was wrong. There was a huge, very huge traffic jam in Simpang Jomin. we were so sad. Especially my father because he was so tired of driving. Usually, it took a day to get to Semarang, but this year it took two days one night caused by the traffic jam. We finally decided to took a rest in the nearest hotel. The hotel was around Tegal. We stayed there for a night.


When we arrived in Semarang, it was so fun but yet I was so tired because of the journey. I don't know why I feel tired, I mean all the things that I did was only sat, sat, and sat all the way to Semarang. I met my cousins and they were very different from the last time we met. We spent a day to play and telling jokes. In the night, we went to a restaurant to celebrate my cousin birthday. He was turning to 10 years old. I ate a lot that night, I literally gain 2 kg that night. But I didn't regret it.


After celebrating his birthday, I went to an old building that very famous in Semarang because of its history and mystical stories, as you know, it is "Lawang Sewu". We went there at night because we wanted to test our braveness(?) or mostly known as "Uji Nyali". But as soon as we arrived, it was not scary at all. It's not like what I've imagined at all. We asked for a tour guide to lead the way trough the buildings. As we walk, the tour guide told us some history about the building. Lawang Sewu means 'a thousand doors' but, actually it only got 980 something doors. Lawang Sewu was built by Dutches during colonialism as a train station. After the dutches lose against Japan, Japanese used it as a prison. The tour guide lead us to the squad prison or "penjara jongkok". He told us that back then, the Japanese was so cruel, they made the prisoners squad on their cells. I looked at the prison and goosebumps were all over me.


Because I was disappointed by the tour, I took photos of myself hoping that I could photograph a ghost or something, but the ghosts were very shy and didn't show their faces. By that point I was very unhappy:((


No comments:

Post a Comment